Recently, I’ve been getting kind of bored with the usual fruit juice and cereals for breakfast so I decided to change it up a little and looked for some alternatives, and the most obvious is smoothies. I really love smoothies, but until recently, I’d only been having them for snack, in the afternoon, once in a while. Anyways, I went down to my kitchen to look at what fruits we had and make a smoothie and I found frozen strawberries and mangoes, as well as some milk and yogurt, and got started! I chopped up the fruits, put them in the blender with some milk and yogurt and blended away! It was so delicious it became my breakfast staple and I just had to share it!
Here is the recipe (for 1 serving)
- 1 ripe mango
- 6-8 frozen or fresh strawberries (I use frozen, I like the consistency better, but both are good!)
- 4 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh milk
- Slice the mango and cut the strawberries into quarters and put it all in a blender. The smaller the pieces, the easier to blend.
- Add the yogurt and milk into the blender
- Blend it all together
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
And it’s that easy, it literally takes me 5 minutes in the morning and I can drink it while getting ready or on the go! This is a really basic recipe that you can adjust however you want: if you want it sweeter, use vanilla yogurt instead of plain, if you want it more liquid, add more milk, the milk can also be replaced by almond milk, soy milk or buttermilk depending on your preference!
Let me know what your favourite smoothie recipe is!
See you in the next post! ♥