So I’ve been short of inspiration for a while and that’s why I haven’t been posting much, so if you have any requests, let me know! Anyways, I thought that I would share some tips for starting a makeup collection today!
Honestly, makeup is really expensive, and most people can’t afford to buy a whole set of foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick, blush and so on in one go. Like most collections, a makeup collection takes a while to build up, and to include a wide range of products, shades and colours. I have a couple of tips to help you get a decent collection, without spending too much money in one go.
- First, don’t expect or try to get all of your makeup from a high-end brand like Mac or Chanel, drugstore brands like Maybelline or Revlon have great products too, for much cheaper. I think it’s good to get a mix of brands, and buy more expensive products as a treat for yourself.
- Don’t start by buying everything in every colour, to start with, you only need one foundation, a couple of blushes and lipsticks, and an eyeshadow palette, in other words, only a few of everything. There’s no point getting 50 eyeshadows you probably won’t use, buy products you know you’ll love rather than wasting money on random products. Most people with large makeup collections rarely use everything, they have a few staples they stick to and the rest goes, for the most part, untouched
- Build you collection slowly, this kind of links to the previous point, its not a good idea to go out one day and buy everything you see and want, you’ll go bankrupt! And you never know, maybe a new product you want will come out but you won’t have any more money, or space for it! Remember, you can only use so many products at a time!
- If there’s an expensive product you’re eyeing, but don’t want to spend too much money, ask friends or your parents to get if for you as a christmas or birthday gift. Otherwise, you could find some sort of compromise like splitting the price or something.
- Be patient, remember that collections take a while to build, and half the fun is buying the products, looking for the perfect eyeliner, or going on product hunts with a friend!
I hope these tips helped, or at least a little! I know how frustrating it can be to want a large makeup collection, but then I remind myself that I don’t need the most makeup, and I don’t want to be broke!
Let me know if you have any other tips on starting a makeup collection!
See you in the next post! ♥