So baking is, along with gift giving and decorating, one of my favourite parts of Christmas, there are so many fun things to make that taste so good! Last week I shared a S’mores Hot Chocolate recipe, and today I’m going to share one of my favourite cookie recipes: almond semolina cookies, or sugee cookies. I got this recipe from my aunt and I love these cookies so much. They aren’t exactly Christmas cookies, but we only make them at Christmas time, so to me, they count as Christmas cookies! They’re a nice sweet treat, and go well with hot chocolate, I like making them really small (about 2cm in diameter), all or the ingredients are dry (except for the butter and vanilla essence), so the cookies are dry and flakey, in the best way! Here is the recipe!
What you need:
- 200g butter
- 100g cast0r sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 200g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 60g ground almonds
- 60g semolina flour
What to do:
- Sift the flour baking powder, almonds and semolina
- Cream butter & castor sugar together with vanilla essence until light and creamy
- Beat in sifted dry ingredients
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes
- Preheat oven at 165˚C
- Shape into cherry-sized balls and place on baking sheets (watch out, they expand a lot!), using a fork, mark the centre of each cookie
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden/brown underneath
- While still warm, sprinkle with castor sugar
And that’s it, it’s a really easy recipe, the most tedious part is shaping the dough into balls to put onto the baking tray, it takes a while to get the right size, but once you get the hang of it, it’s not too hard!
I hope you enjoy these cookies, let me know what your favourite Christmas cookies are!
Enjoy the Christmas Glam! ♥